The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the biggest shake-up of Data Protection Legislation in 20 years! It became Law in 2016 and will commence being enforced on 25th May 2018.
Every business in the UK, EU Zone as well as businesses from across the wider world which trade in our economic zone and who process the personal data of UK and EU citizens will be affected.
The General Data Protection Regulation not only impacts business of all sizes and in all business sectors, it affects public authorities, charities and all of us as individuals.
Ares GDPR Training also includes guidelines based on the new UK Data Protection Bill which is currently having its 2nd reading in the House of Lords. It is expected that the new UK Data Protection Bill will become the new Data Protection Act before the end of 2017, and will be enforced in parallel to the GDPR.
In essence, the GDPR has:
- Expanded the definition of “Personally Identifiable Data”
- Expanded the Responsibilities of Business owners, Charity Trustees and in the case of larger business Boards of Directors to protect their employee, contractor and customer data.
- Expanded the Responsibilities of Data Controllers and Data Processors to protect the data they handle and for the first time enabling the regulatory authorities to fine data processors.
- For the first time legislated on the data rights of children.
- Expanded the data rights of individuals.
- Increased the level of fines which can be imposed on a business in the event of data loss and/or data breach.
- Increased the level of fines for businesses which disregard the new legislation.
- Increased the powers of the regulatory authorities to fine and/or prosecute businesses which fail to comply with the new legislation and more...
- The new Data Protection Bill states that GDPR will be integrated into the new UK Data Protection Act.
Who is this Course For?
Entrepreneurs, Micro-Businesses & SME's.
We understand that entrepreneurs, micro businesses and SME’s might not have the time or the resources to analyse the new regulations and figure out which parts will apply to their business and how. This is why we have designed our GDPR Roadmap to Compliance Training Course focusing on you and your business needs!
Why do you need to take this Course?
The GDPR will impose greater legally binding obligations on organisations of all sizes from the very small to the very large and everyone in-between. Data Protection Training will become mandatory, and in many cases, there will be a mandatory need to appoint a Data Protection Officer. Financial penalties have been increased in situations where data loss or data theft occurs. For companies who ignore their obligations and fail to comply with the new standards, the financial penalties will be higher than any penalties we have seen in the past. There are new stricter rights afforded to data subjects and the whole system has to be audit-able and verifiable.
This Training Event aims to give you a better understanding of all aspects of GDPR and how you can prepare for the changes which come into play in May 2018.
We understand that entrepreneurs, micro and small businesses don’t have the time or the resources to get bogged down by analysing the new regulations and figuring out which parts will apply to their business this is why we have designed GDPR Roadmap to Compliance Training Course.
Cyber & GDPR Consultant
About the instructor
My Name is Anna M Heim, and I'm the head of the Cyber Division at Ares Risk Management.
My career started with IBM back in the mid-80s and straight out of college, as a network design engineer. The first 10-years of my working life I was deeply immersed tech and network security as it was then called. During those early years of the internet my work focused on tech-based business consulting and solutions... This led me to developing business and project management skills; which were added to my foundation in Computer Science ...
Over the years I have worked on some extraordinary projects, bringing technical and business support. Compliance is a big issue for many businesses no matter the size - Some industry sectors having very strict and externally regulated rules for how business should be done - others not so much.
With the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation many business which didn't have to explicitly think about Risk Management, Cyber Security or Data Protection will now for the first time have to not only think about these things but will have to prove that they have implement measure to protect their customer, contractor and employee data.
With my 24+ years experience in Business, Compliance and Technology, I am here to help you by making compliance easy and stress free!